Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I LOVE A SMOKY EYE!

For the longest time, smoky eyes were the one look that I refused to tackle. I'd go to the vanity all cute and courageous thinking I'm going to walk away looking sultry. With the best intentions, I'd pick up my black shadow and blending brush and get to work. Needless to say, I came away from the table looking far from sexy. I looked like I'd been in a barfight with a bunch of people rougher than me. Nothing much to do but go scrub my face fresh and go back to the old faithful "liner and lip" since I'd wasted 30 minutes on ridiculousness. After a billion questions to my MUA friends, some YouTube videos and some major trial and error failures, I think I've got it. I've learned to pat up, I've learned what transition shadow is (just what it sounds like..a skintone-ish color to blend between your black and your highlight color) and i learned not to go nuts with the black.  I might do a step by step in a future blog.. what do you think? -SP


(t-shirt courtesy of Big Mama's Clothing - www.phatgirlfresh.com)

Products used:
Wet n Wild Mega Eyes cream liner in Black
Scandaleyez pencil in Blackmail
88 palette from Coastal Scents (7th over, 11th down & 5th over, 10th down)
Black Opal Foundation Stick in Beautiful Bronze for the face and Nutmeg for the highlight
Artistry Blush in Henna
6 Contour palette form Coastal Scents in brown
Ben Nye Mojave Powder in Olive Sand
88 shimmer palette (1st one, 1st row)
Wet n Wild Stoplight Red lipstick
Hot Topic red lip liner

No comments:

Post a Comment